Thursday, October 28, 2010

Second VJP: Reactions

The making of my second VJP was much easier than my first one. I chose to film on a Sunday afternoon, the sky was blue and the sun was out, it was great weather for shooting. The afternoon sun created great shadows in the corn maze and the only natural element that might have hurt my piece would be the wind.
When conducting interviews I was surprised when I was turned down. I asked a staff member for an interview and as an employee he was not allowed to do it. Although that was a minor bump in filming, he redirected me to the owner which gave me a better interview anyways.
I shot a large selection of film, much of which I used. When editing it was difficult to decide between the different shots I had taken. I chose my clips based on relativity, emotion and shot quality. The sequence was determined based on the voice over script I had composed.
The biggest issue I had with this piece was attempting to upload my video to Youtube. My last piece was edited on my friend's computer (which has a newer addition of IMovie), after talking with Maura I realized my film was not in the correct format to be uploaded to Youtube. It took me a while to figure out how to reformat it, but eventually I did. I decided to add music to fill in some of the breaks between interviews and voice over. The song I chose was "chicken fried" by Zac Brown Band. I chose this song because it has a country, simple sound to it, which I believe matches the theme of my piece perfectly.
I am extremely proud of the way my piece turned out. This piece made me realize the benefit of a large selection of shots. Having multiple shots allows more room for creativity when editing my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment